Saturday, August 13, 2011

Read Together


Last week I announced an opportunity to read a book with my discipleship group and me, What Every Christian Ought to Know by Adrian Rogers.

It’s not too late to join me on this adventure. A week from today, on Saturday, August 20, I will put up a brief summary of our group’s discussion of chapter one: the topics we covered, some questions people had, and my overall impression of the book.

I haven’t read through the whole thing yet, but I have been encouraged by what I have covered so far. Here’re the topics pulled from the book’s table of contents:

  1. The Bible is the Word of God
  2. The Assurance of Salvation
  3. About Eternal Security
  4. What Happens when a Christian Sins
  5. How to Handle Temptation
  6. About Believer’s Baptism
  7. How to Discern the Will of God
  8. About Faith and How to Have it
  9. How to be Filled with the Holy Spirit
  10. How to Discover Your Spiritual Gift
  11. How to Pray (with Power)
  12. How to Understand the Bible


I think this book really is a helpful introduction for any new Christian that will help ground us in the truth and give us a platform on which to build.

I’d like to open up to you the opportunity to read along with us and share your thoughts, questions, and insights every Saturday.

If you want to pick up the book, Amazon has a hardcover and a Kindle edition available.

I've also developed useful reader’s guides in English and Spanish.

If you’re planning on joining me, please give me a shout out on Facebook or in the comments section below. Discussion of chapter one begins August 20.

No comments: